Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Trip to Gunung Halimun Salak National Park - Day 1

I went there with my father by using motorcycle. It takes around 6 hours drive from Jakarta (depend on traffic). Highlight from this trip is the endangered Javan Hawk-eagle (Spizaetus bartelsi), Sunda Forktail (Enicurus velatus velatus), White-bibbed Babbler (Stachyris thoracica thoracica), Sunda Minivet (Pericrocotus miniatus), Pale Blue Flycatcher (Cyornis unicolor harterti), and Japanese Paradise-flycatcher (Terpsiphone atrocaudata).
This is a fruitful trip although it was raining on the first day and last day. I saw 61 bird species in three days but less photographs.

Arrive at Cikaniki Research Station the rain still falling, so i just birding from the research station (which is i stay here for next two days). The Sunda Forktail always seen foraging around the research station. Hard to take the photo, because dark and that forktail always moving. I only one got record shot!


Female Sunda Forktail


















Another birds that i see from the Research Station is Sunda Minivet, Blue-winged Leafbird, Blue Whistling Thrush and Indigo Flycatcher. At night i try to find some night bird like Javan Frogmouth or Owls, but i'm not lucky today. So i change my target to Frogs, Toads, and Snakes. haha..
I got Javan Horned Frog (Megophrys montana), Hourglass Toad (Leptophryne borbonica), and
Smooth slug snake (Asthenodipsas laevis).




Hourglass Toad (Leptophryne borbonica)
Javan Horned Frog (Megophrys montana)
















Smooth slug snake (Asthenodipsas laevis)


another pose of Javan Horned Frog




















































Anyway i take this photos by using 150-500mm, i don't have Macro Lens.hahaha..
I use Tripod, Cable Release, and flashlight

to be Continued...

1 comment:

Kurt (OrionMystery) said...

Nice, Khaleb. I really wish to pay a visit to this lovely National Park! Do you know any guide or I can go there on my own?